Castle Veterinary Surgeons is a mixed practice set in the rural Co Durham town of Barnard Castle, with an additional small animal only surgery in the nearby town of St Helen Auckland.
The practice was first set up in the late 1930’s by Mr M Harris. Since then the practice has grown considerably, now employing over 30 staff. It moved into its current building in 1997 – to provide more spacious facilities. We are proud to be accredited as part of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Practice Standards Scheme.
In order to deliver great client care to all our clients and their animals, the farm and small animal departments are run and staffed separately. We have a superb team of qualified veterinary surgeons, qualified nurses, nursing auxillaries and support staff, all committed to offering the best level of care to our patients.